Deadline for application:
13 May 2022
The Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action
Terms of Reference:
Location: Home based
Contract type: Consultancy until end June/early July 2022
Reporting to: Co-Coordinator
Line manager for: None
The Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action (the Alliance) is a global network of operational agencies, academic institutions, policymakers, donors and practitioners that facilitates inter-agency technical collaboration on child protection in all humanitarian contexts. The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) leads the Alliance with a rotating NGO, currently World Vision International. The Alliance sets standards and produces technical guidance for use by the various stakeholders, particularly field practitioners. Its mission is to support humanitarian actors to achieve high-quality and effective child protection interventions in humanitarian contexts, in both refugee and non-refugee settings.
The Alliance Convening Focal Point is a central resource for the whole Secretariat and Working Groups and Task Forces, providing administrative and logistical support for events and meetings, and ensuring they are well-organised, engaging and quality.
1. Support the organization of the 2022 Annual Meeting for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action.
- Liaise and coordinate with all relevant actors, including the secretariat, working group and task force (and initiative) leads, Annual Meeting Task Team, etc.
- Work closely with the event company for design, planning and delivery of the event.
- Develop, manage and update key tools to support organization and coordination of the event, and communication of these to relevant actors.
- Support facilitators and speakers (and step in as an alternate facilitator when needed)
- Manage communication with participants, speakers and facilitators.
- Support the knowledge management focal point on communication and reporting on the event.
- Document lessons learned for use in future events.
- Manage registration and communications with participants
2. Support the initial organization of the 2022 internal meeting of the Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action to take place in October 2022.
- Identifying locations that are accessible regarding security, cost-effectiveness and visas
- Securing initial quotations for and securing venues
- Establishing systems that will support the event moving forwards
- Supporting the drafting of initial communications materials for participants
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant fields
- Direct experience of organizing large online and/or face to face events
- Strong administration experience including supporting budgeting and expense processing
- Experience of effective communication at all levels across an organization
- Experience of working in a multicultural setting, ideally in more than one language (and ideally including Arabic, French, or Spanish), demonstrating understanding of working internationally and;
- High level of fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience of working within a network organisation / Alliance
- Experience of working with Google Apps
- Experience of project management, including experience of setting up and using simple project management tools
- Familiarity with the child protection field
- Familiarity with the humanitarian sector
Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Flexible and adaptable; willing to contribute to other streams of work and across teams
- Highly skilled communicator, in different formats, and capable of working across languages and cultures (making efficient and effective use of translation support)
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours and across time zones
- Highly organised and self-motivated, able to manage and deliver on multiple concurrent tasks
- Competent IT proficiency across a range of packages, able to learn quickly and troubleshoot problems independently
- Ability to use initiative and work without close supervision, working both as part of a team and as an individual within a remote-working organization
- Travel is limited to <10 days per year unless in exceptional circumstances.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a brief cover letter, your CV, daily rate and availability by CoB 13 May 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.