Welcome to the 2022 Annual Meeting of the Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action: Promoting the Centrality of Children and their Protection in Humanitarian Action through Accountability, Localisation and Working Across Sectors.
We are delighted you are joining us! Please find the Participant Pack for the meeting in English, French, Spanish and Arabic attached below
Important Points and Actions:
Our Virtual Space:
The meeting will be held on a virtual platform called Filo Space. On FILO you will be able to explore exciting content and click to access the different sessions on the day. By now you should have received an invite to Filo Space. It is important you access this space and make your profile before the Annual Meeting, using the same email address you used to register for the Annual Meeting. If you do not find the email from Filo Space in your inbox, please check your spam folder. If you still haven't found it, or if you encounter any trouble creating your profile, please let us know (email@example.com).
Please find the Participant Pack for the meeting in English, French, Spanish and Arabic attached below, along with the Agenda and Background Paper. It is important you familiarise yourself with these documents before the meeting, as they provide all the information you need to access and participate fully in the Annual Meeting. Check the different sessions in the agenda and book your time accordingly! Use the Background Paper to get familiar (or revise) the Alliance's 2021-2025 Strategy, the priorities of which form the focus of the meeting. The Participant Pack gives you all the information you need to join the meeting including ensuring your technology is up to date - take a look as soon as you can!
To give a small snapshot of what is in store at this year's Annual Meeting:
- The meeting takes place over three days, with simultaneous Arabic, English, French, and Spanish interpretation throughout almost all sessions.
- To celebrate World Refugee Day 2022, the meeting will be kicked off by a panel of young refugees facilitated by Ms. Gillian Triggs, Assistant High Commissioner for Protection, UNHCR.
- We received over 70 abstract submissions for our 'strategic priority in practice' sessions and 38 of these have been selected from international and national NGOs, UN agencies and universities and research institutions to share practical examples, research and best practices on the meeting theme.
- A selection of initiatives from our Working Groups, Task Forces and Initiatives will be showcased on days 2 and 3.
- A number of additional abstracts have been developed into infographics and will be showcased in our Infographic Gallery and Marketplace. The Gallery can be accessed through our Community of Practice, which you should register for in advance of the meeting by following this link. The meeting break times will be used for the infographics to be shared in a 'marketplace' session where you can meet and talk to the authors.
If you have any questions regarding the platform, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you to the event in less than two weeks!
The Alliance Team